We are proud to host renown horseman and clinician Bernie Traurig! Private sessions available on Friday, and a two-day progressive clinic with small groups on Saturday and Sunday. This clinic is open to all levels of riders, whether you ride hunters, jumpers, or event.
Register online at: Clinic Registration
Friday, November 6: Private lessons available, 1 hour, $200. Or semi-private (2 riders; indicate on entry if you have someone you want to ride with, otherwise we will try to match you or offer switch to a private if no suitable match available), 75 minutes, $150.
Saturday, November 7 - Sunday, November 8: 2 day progressive clinic. Small groups, 4-6 riders, 1:30-2 hours depending on group size. Riders will be grouped by height/experience, approximate heights are: 2'-2'3"; 2'6" -2'9"; 3'-3'3"; and 3'6" +. $400 for both days.
This event is open to everyone, but special incentives may be available for those riding thoroughbreds: $25 off total clinic fees if your horse has a valid TIP registration; $25 discount if your horse has raced within one year of the start of the clinic!
Participants may bring one person to assist or audit at no charge with advance notice. A limited number of auditor spots available at $10/day, or $20 for all three days.
Bernie Traurig really needs no introduction! Just a few highlights from his noted career:
- Won the AHSA Medal Finals and the ASPCA Maclay Medal Finals in 1961 (on his OTTB, Trouble Maker!)
- Won over 60 show jumping Grand Prixs, and represented the United States Show Jumping Team several times including the 1982 World Championships
- In dressage, he won 15 Grand Prixs and Grand Prix special classes and was short listed for the 1986 World Championship Trials and 1988 Olympic Games
- In eventing he placed second in the trials for the 1964 Olympic Games
- Founder of Wellspring Thoroughbreds, and judge and advisor at the Retired Racehorse Project's Thoroughbred Makeover